Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 ounces flank steak (cut into thin strips)
- 4 cups cold leftover cooked rice
- 1/4 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps. peanut or vegetable oil (for stir-frying)
- 2 green onions (scallion, spring onion)(finely chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp.garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed or fresh peas)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp. cornstarch
- Pinch of white pepper powder
- Add the marinade ingredients to the beef, stir well till it combines. Let stand as it is while preparing other ingredients (at least for 10 to 12 minutes).
- Lightly beat the eggs with the plain salt.
- On high heat, Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a preheated wok. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic. Stir-fry well for a few seconds until aromatic
- Add the onion. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until it starts to golden brown.
- Then add the beef and let brown briefly, then stir-fry until it changes colour.
- Heat 2 to 3 tbsps. oil in the wok. Reduce the heat to medium and add the rice, stirring and turning it over with a spatula to heat through and break up any clumps.
- Add the peas and shredded carrot, stir it well to combine.
- Make a place in one corner of the wok and pour in the beaten egg. Scramble the egg and then combine with the fried rice. Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Now it’s Ready to Serve. Serve hot.
- If you want you can add more salt if desired.
- You can garnish it with coriander leaves if you wish to add ..